none
SB-IDE Taskbar at bottom won't auto-show when display screen is in maximized state. RRS feed

• Question

• I have my display setup so that the taskbar at the bottom auto-hides. Noticed that when the IDE is in the maximized state that the taskbar will not auto-show when I move the cursor to the bottom. What's interesting is that if the display is not maximized it will auto-show the taskbar when I move the cursor down.

JR

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:12 AM
    Answerer

Answers

• I think I may have worked out a workaround myself - there is a lot of useless info on this on the web!!

But not really sure so here is a temporary different download location, if you could test a little, thanks.

• Marked as answer by jricestkEditor Thursday, November 9, 2017 11:47 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hi, I can reproduce.

Some google suggests it may be a MS bug

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/634858/microsoft

Any may more googling "ribbonwindow maximize taskbar autohide"

Maybe there are workarounds, I will do a bit more searching.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:02 PM
  • The above link is old (2011-2012). So, it looks like they're not really interested in fixing the issue. I was wondering though why Word and Excel don't have the issue? Maybe they're not using WPF or they figured out how to work around it. It would be nice if it did work in that you could click on the window that is opened in the program to bring it forward on the screen and to go off to any other link in the taskbar.

What a great feature your new IDE is! I'm still looking at it in amazement.

Thank you for creating,

JR

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:49 PM
    Answerer
  • I think I may have worked out a workaround myself - there is a lot of useless info on this on the web!!

But not really sure so here is a temporary different download location, if you could test a little, thanks.

• Marked as answer by jricestkEditor Thursday, November 9, 2017 11:47 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 10:32 PM
  • LitDev,

It works for me now!

Thanks for fixing,

JR

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 11:11 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, removed temp upload and moved to TechNet Gallery.  There are a few oddities with my fix but overall better now I think.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Small-Basic-IDE-10-42648328

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 11:18 PM