Unable to determine the workspace RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use the tf undelete command, but I am facing this error:

UNABLE TO DETERMINE THE WORKSPACE

I tried using the /login switch with my credentials, but it didn't work.

I tried using the /workspace:workspacename, it displays "unrecognized command option 'workspace' "

I tried using the /server:servername, it displays "unrecognized command option 'server' "

Help guys Smile

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:04 AM

Answers

•  ESaredine wrote:

I am trying to use the tf undelete command, but I am facing this error:

I tried using the /workspace:workspacename, it displays "unrecognized command option 'workspace' "

I tried using the /server:servername, it displays "unrecognized command option 'server' "

Help guys

In addition to making sure that you have write permission and sufficient disk space to the temp folder (as Jason suggested), you want to make sure that you change directory to that of a mapped local folder. You can use "tf workspace" to test whether you are actually on a mapped local folder.

Hope this helps. -Tan

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:14 PM

All replies

•  

I am using Team Explorer 2005 and I have only one workspace. Things look fine on the Team Explorer GUI, but when I run the command tf workspaces, it displays "No workspace matching * found on this computer". Also, when I run the command tf workspace /new, it gives me this error

Team Foundation Server devprosrv02 does not exist or is not accessible at this t
    ime.
    Technical information (for administrator):
      Access to the temp directory is denied.  Identity 'NBKDOM\sd114' under which X
    mlSerializer is running does not have sufficient permission to access the temp d
    irectory.  CodeDom will use the user account the process is using to do the comp
    ilation, so if the user doesnt have access to system temp directory, you will no
    t be able to compile.  Use Path.GetTempPath() API to find out the temp directory
     location.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:54 AM
  •  

I am using Team Explorer 2005 and I have only one workspace. Things look fine on the Team Explorer GUI, but when I run the command tf workspaces, it displays "No workspace matching * found on this computer". Also, when I run the command tf workspace /new, it gives me this error

Team Foundation Server servername does not exist or is not accessible at this t
    ime.
    Technical information (for administrator):
      Access to the temp directory is denied.  Identity 'Domain\user' under which X
    mlSerializer is running does not have sufficient permission to access the temp d
    irectory.  CodeDom will use the user account the process is using to do the comp
    ilation, so if the user doesnt have access to system temp directory, you will no
    t be able to compile.  Use Path.GetTempPath() API to find out the temp directory
     location.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:55 AM
  • From the cmd prompt, can you try writing something into the %temp% path to verify whether or not this user has write access?  e.g. something like echo test > %temp%\test.txt.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:05 PM
  •  ESaredine wrote:

I am trying to use the tf undelete command, but I am facing this error:

Help guys

In addition to making sure that you have write permission and sufficient disk space to the temp folder (as Jason suggested), you want to make sure that you change directory to that of a mapped local folder. You can use "tf workspace" to test whether you are actually on a mapped local folder.

Hope this helps. -Tan

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:14 PM