Binding Source not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi MSDN,

I found the same thread but it has never been answered. So I better to post a new one.

The problem is I added a new column in my table, I have a dataset linked to that table and a source of data of my datagridview.

Now, when I'm going to add a new column into my datagridview, I didn't find the new column which I added recently. Seems that the binding source is not updating whenever an update takes place.

How could I add the new column without having to assign a new dataset again into my datagridview?

Thanks in advanced MSDN.

Sincerely,

Charlie

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Any response from here? I already googled this problem but I can't find the clear and exact solution of this.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:02 AM
  • That would not be so clever as regenerating a dataset is only onle right click, a selection and some acknowledging on the pane.

Success
    Cor
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:29 AM
  • Hi Cor,

How would I do this? where, in solution explorer? Kindly explain it sir. Do you mean if I regenerate the dataset, the bindingsource would also be refreshed or updated. How would I regenerate the dataset sir?

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:42 AM
  • I got what you are talking about sir. But, I already did that. I'm using Visual Studio.Net 2005 Beta. As what microsoft product's name it's Beta. I would say that this is just one of the bugs.

Now, I am afraid that you will say "just bind a new datasource" just like what other forums suggested. That would be so unclever way because I already set the columns (20 columns) properties.

I'm here sir because I wanted a practical solution.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

How about this:

http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/vbnet/threads/352068

Check for it.

Thanks

Binze

Binze Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 14, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Hi Sir Bin-ze,

the link you had provided was my thread also on that site but still, I must thank you since you are concern to our questions.

Sincerely,

Charlie

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:31 AM
  • Charlie,

How can you use Visual Studio 2005 Beta, all licences about that should already be expired. 

Why not use VB 2010 Express (and then also install the newest SP1)

http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-Visual-Basic

Programs created with VB2005 Beta are not allowed by Microsoft to use anymore while programs created with VB2010 Express are even free to distribute.

Success
    Cor
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:59 AM
  • "Why not use VB 2010 Express (and then also install the newest SP1)"

http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-Visual-Basic

Thank you for giving me the link sir Cor. How long it will be free? What is the best feature of VBE 2010 that would give a great satisfaction to a developer? I am considering also about my computer specs if that would be run smoothly. I really like the new controls of VB 2010, I hope I could adapt easily to VBE 2010.

"Charlie"

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:47 AM