none
HYPER-V failed to initialize RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Ben,

I posted a question in this forum last week but it disappeared.

I couldn't connect to internet for some days...

Well, the post was about a computer with AMDATHLON 64 X2 6000+ CPU.

I can't start HYPER V because seems I haven't the right hardware...

You sayd me to try with VirtualServer to see if AMD-V feature was recognized.

I tryed some configurations and the results are:

1) HYPER V on WIN Server 2008  doesn't run.

2) Virtual Server 2005 on WIN SERVER 2003 32 bit shows me AMD-V feature.

3) Virtual Server 2005 on WIN SERVER 2003 64 bit doesn't show me AMD-V feature.

What do You think about ???

Maybe I can't run a 64 bit OS version on this computer...??? Is there a 32 bit version of Hyper-V available ???

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:50 PM

All replies

• Given the behavior you are seeing with Virtual Server - there is highly likely to be a BIOS issue with your system.  I would contact your motherboard manufacturer to see if they know about this / have an update available.

Cheers,

Ben

Monday, March 17, 2008 6:48 PM
  • I tryed to contact ACER for a BIOS updated version, but they didn't give me a good support...

At the moment I can't solve this problem without ACER help... And given the behavior of their support centre, for the future, I will not buy ACER !!!

Many thanks Ben

Regards

NQ

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:41 AM
  • Hi,

Perhaps a late reaction but if one has the same problem, most bios's have a flag in the settings to activate the hardware virtualisation that is default in the off state. Some times it is even very good hidden :-) between other settings. It's always best to install latest bios too.

Greets,

- JPM - C# second finger high on the A string -

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:23 AM