none
Adapter with SQLite RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning.

I am developing in the environment DotNet, with C # and utlizando Datasets Typed to perform the process of

insertion into an SQLite database, I have 180 records, is bringing a time of 15 seconds to perform all insertion is very slow,

how do I optimize and accelerate this process?

if (dtBens.Count > 0)
                {
                    if (pBensTableAdapter.Update(dtBens) <= 0)
                        return false;
                }
                return true;

Thank you.

Luis Henrique Valadares.

Luis Henrique Valadares

• Edited by Lute_div Friday, May 18, 2012 2:05 PM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Lute div,

So, it is related to SQLite. Because this is a 3rd party database, so I couldn't test it, sorry for my little help. I think you may get better help from SQLite Official Support. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know, I will be more than happy to be of assistance. :)

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Lute_div,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Based on the code, it's very simple, I think you can customize the update command to improve the performance. Please refer to the links below. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

How to: Edit TableAdapter Queries

How to: Edit TableAdapters

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]

Monday, May 21, 2012 2:30 AM
  • Good afternoon Allen.

What can I change the settings to speed up the process? pictured here and

found no possible bottleneck.

Thank you.
    Monday, May 21, 2012 5:40 PM
  • Hi Lute div,

The code you posted is very simple, please check the query command of your tableadapter, if it is too complex and can be improved, try to modify the command. If the command is still very simple, I think it may not caused by tableadapter, you can write a small demo, only have one dataset and have a test to see the time inserting operation consumes.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:35 AM
  • Good morning, yes, I tried, only to have a comparison, I did a test using SQL CE and SQLite to insert records in 10000.00 Lite, takes 15 minutes, the EC takes 0.88 seconds, the problem with certainty this in SQLite, any configuration, version, or another process that barring agility.

Thank you.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:29 AM
  • Hi Lute div,

So, it is related to SQLite. Because this is a 3rd party database, so I couldn't test it, sorry for my little help. I think you may get better help from SQLite Official Support. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know, I will be more than happy to be of assistance. :)

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:05 AM