ReportServer2005 endpoint end of life RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have read that the ReportServer2005 endpoint is deprecated but I can't find out when it will be removed from SSRS.

We are using SSRS 2016 and would like to know how long we have to switch over to the ReportServer2010 endpoint.

Could anyone please help with this information?

Thanks,

John

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:50 AM

All replies

• Hi RealJohnKnight,

The ReportService2005 and ReportService2006 endpoints are deprecated in SQL Server 2008 R2, but they could be accessed by other SSRS. I could found the ReportService2005 in SSRS 2017, so i think it could used in SSRS 2016. You could refer to Report Server Web Service Endpoints for details

In addition, the ReportService2010 endpoint merges the functionalities of ReportService2005 and ReportService2006 and can manage objects on a report server that that are configured for either native or SharePoint integrated mode. If you could choose ReportService2010 endpoint which apply for both model.

And you could pay attention to the SSRS Blog for version release information and update.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:44 AM