none
Issue with publish button

Question

• I'm working in Visual Studio 2015 community edition on an ASP.NET Web Application. When I try to publish the project as soon as I click the publish link I get the following error (and no publish dialog):

Exception in execution publishing: Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Publish.Core.Contracts.IProfileCreator' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Publish.Core.Contracts' Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

I have the latest update installed for visual studio and the Azure SDK.  I've tried repairing, uninstalling and re-installing both and still get the error message.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 12:18 PM

All replies

• I'm working in Visual Studio 2015 community edition on an ASP.NET Web Application. When I try to publish the project as soon as I click the publish link I get the following error (and no publish dialog):

Exception in execution publishing: Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Publish.Core.Contracts.IProfileCreator' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Publish.Core.Contracts' Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

I have the latest update installed for visual studio and the Azure SDK.  I've tried repairing, uninstalling and re-installing both and still get the error message.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

idk if this work, but give it a try : Azure deploy webjobs
    I
     didn't look the content, coz I never used asp.net and I don't think I would understant, so I just search for it

Deploying a Web Site Project by Using the Publish Web Site Tool

Deploy a Web Project Using One-Click Publish in Visual Studio

BP-LP 2005/2016 @ll rights reserved

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 12:54 PM
  • Hi ccamps999,

>>When I try to publish the project as soon as I click the publish link I get the following error (and no publish dialog):

Could you please tell me where is the "publish link" you found? If possible, please provide us a screenshot of your UI.

According to the error message your offered. I also created a new ASP.NET web project. But I can't find the 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Publish.Core.Contracts' assembly. Did you use some other publish Tool?

Please share us the detailed steps to reproduce your issue so that we could better trouble shoot your issue.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:46 AM