Urgent help : Can't debug my app on windows mobile device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello every one ,  I'm working on my final year project and i bought a new samsung omnia pro gt b7320 ( windows mobile 6.1 professional) . so I want to connect the mobile device to visual studio 2008 but every time i connect i get messages like this " connection failed. the device security configuration disallowed the connection. Ensure that you have the appropriate certificates on your device for development. Review your SDK documentation for proper security settings for connecting to this device " also other message like this "
    connection failed because the target machine actively refused it" although i clicked yes on the device to approve application
    on the first time and now the device do not show the approval messages.

I downloaded windows mobile 6 SDK and then figured out that my mobile has  two-tier prompt configuration type and
    RAPI : restricted .

So can I change the configuration type on my device ( although  I just want to debug the application so i cant do
    all sign certificates and stuff )  or what else I can do to solve this problem

Plz ant piece of information regarding this issue would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance
    Saturday, April 10, 2010 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

Yes , Windows Mobile Standard - NotTouch - doesn't support Buttons , it's better to use menus to do Buttons job.

You Can read this thread too :Error loading System.Drawing.dll

I hope that helps

Regards : MrAlshahawy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help ,Don't forget to Vote the answer as Helpful if it helps
    • Marked as answer by o_89 Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:00 PM
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hi o_89,

Firstly, please check whether your device is connected with PC, just check activesync/WMDC status. If this is the case, it should be activesync issue, try to uninstall it and reinstall.

Secondly, if above is not the case, we can change device security configuration, but we don't recommend it, it is harmful to the device. If you really want to change it, vs2008 provide a tool, which can change it, follow the steps below:

1. Tools---Device Security Manager

For more securiry information, please refer to FAQ:
    Device Security and certificate problems.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:41 AM
  • Thank you for the replies , The problem I cant even get the device to be connected to vs 2008 , so i cant use device security manager . I tried all the links that you mentioned but I can't get it to work . Any suggestions ?!!!!
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Hi o_89,

1. Contact OEM to change security configuration

2. Sign application with privileged certificate, SDK provide a certificate, for more information, See the FAQ:

Device Security and certificate problems.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:20 AM
  • Thank you all of the replies, I created a .cab file and install it on the device without being signed. The problem was my device does not has a touch screen and the application has a button , so an error was preventing it from working. 

an important question : so non touch mobile phones does not support buttons !?!?!!

Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:28 PM
  • Hi ,

Yes , Windows Mobile Standard - NotTouch - doesn't support Buttons , it's better to use menus to do Buttons job.

You Can read this thread too :Error loading System.Drawing.dll

I hope that helps

Regards : MrAlshahawy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help ,Don't forget to Vote the answer as Helpful if it helps
    • Marked as answer by o_89 Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:00 PM
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:49 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, yeah I already did that " the menu " and it worked perfectly . I just wanted to check the buttons support.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:01 PM
  • Hi all , I'm still working on the project so I wanted to ask you if Windows Mobile Standard ( not tocuh ) devices has any functional difference than the touch device . Because I've been trying the app on 2 different mobile phones one of them is touch and the other is not so ..  

Is there any difference in the functions that each type support or its just the interface difference ????!!!!

( by the way, the touch device is Windows mobile professional 6  and the other non touch is Windows mobile professional 6.1 )

Thanks in advance

Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:38 PM