none
Change Personalization Account

Question

• When I first set up Visual Studio Community 2015 it created a Personalization Account with my work account. 

The account seems linked to my pc somehow, and I can't change it.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstall and removing accounts from registry and appdata resetting with devenv /resetuserdata and visual studio keeps signing back into my work account. 

Please help all i want to do is set it up with my personal windows live account but I can't!

Thanks

Sunday, August 14, 2016 4:29 PM

Answers

• Solved:

After trying for hours I figured it out.

I had to go into windows 10 settings app > account and remove the work account, next time I started Visual Studio I could sign into my personal account and the correct visual studio profile showed up. 

Hallelujah.

Sunday, August 14, 2016 4:37 PM

All replies

• Solved:

After trying for hours I figured it out.

I had to go into windows 10 settings app > account and remove the work account, next time I started Visual Studio I could sign into my personal account and the correct visual studio profile showed up. 

Hallelujah.

Sunday, August 14, 2016 4:37 PM
  • Hi CavemanNinja,

You have resolved your issue, please mark it as answer, which could help others who have the same issue.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 15, 2016 10:02 AM