none
Microsoft.VsHub.Server.HttpHostx64.exe eating up all my memory

Question

• Several times a day, I get this error...

It's in Danish and says ....

Close all applications to avoid losing data
    The computer is missing memory. Save all your work and close these programs:
    Microsoft.VsHub.Server.HttpHostx64.exe

I'm running VS2015 with all updates.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi M O J O,

According to the error message, it just mentioned the computer is missing memory, but it doesn't mean the Microsoft.VsHub.Server.HttpHostx64.exe consume the memory.

Please open your Windows Task Manager to check which program consume the most memory.

When do you get this error message and does this occur before? Please tell us what operations do you do on your Visual Studio causes this issue?

If it works fine before, please check whether you have installed any updates for your Visual Studio and Windows. You could check it from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates.

In addition, please try run your Visual Studio in safe mode to check whether this issue related to VS packages or not.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Sry for late answer.

It is VsHub - it eats like 20GB of ram in a few hours and I have to kill it several times a day...

I will try what you suggest and get back to you.

This is really annoying.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:51 PM