Number of cores and CALs given with MSDN Windows Server 2016 licenses? RRS feed

• Question

• How many cores and CALs are supplied with when I use the activation key for MSDN subscription Windows Server 2016 licenses?

I have a system I want to try this on that is one physical processor with 4 cores and a total of 8 threads (via hyperthreading).

I want to know how many concurrent users and connected devices I will get from the Win Server 16 license's that are activated with the keys supplied with the MSDN Enterprise subscription.

If I have to buy an bunch of CALs or core licenses then I don't want to bother all of the work that this experiment will take.  So I an trying to figure this out up front.

thanks

Friday, October 14, 2016 3:54 PM

All replies

• How many cores and CALs are supplied with when I use the activation key for MSDN subscription Windows Server 2016 licenses?

I have a system I want to try this on that is one physical processor with 4 cores and a total of 8 threads (via hyperthreading).

I want to know how many concurrent users and connected devices I will get from the Win Server 16 license's that are activated with the keys supplied with the MSDN Enterprise subscription.

If I have to buy an bunch of CALs or core licenses then I don't want to bother all of the work that this experiment will take.  So I an trying to figure this out up front.

thanks

Dear clay,

For Windows Server 2016, you can generate up to "4" retail keys from your MSDN Enterprise subscription. It gives 50 user and 50 device connections.

Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop Services user connections (50) - Retail
    Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop Services device connections (50) - Retail

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Don't Say Can't Say Can to Not

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:30 PM