none
Building rdlc report in Visual Studio 2010. How to group on multi-column primary key in designer RRS feed

• Question

• I'm building a report where I want to repeat a chart, plus table, for each person being reported on.

My datasource has 3 tables. dtUsers, dtPlan, dtResults. Relationships are one to many user/plan and one to many on plan/results.

The outer grouping needs to be on the dual-field primary key of UserID, fk_User_SiteID

So I drop a list/tablix onto the report in design mode and need to set up the grouping. How? I've checked on google and found http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255241.aspx but that doesn't explain how.

thank you

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:21 AM

Answers

• You can group on multiple columns with the following steps:
    1. If you have not created an outer group, right click your current group, click Add Group->Parent Group...

2. In the Group by list, you can first select UserID and click OK;

3. After you create the group, right click the group and click Group Properties..., change the Name to a new one and click the Add button to add the column FK_User_SiteID for Group on.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:30 AM