none
Target Designer cannot find custom component files RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Atheros Lan driver I am trying to create a component of.

I first import the INI file, I get no errors using Automatic, however I do get warnings.  That I am ignoring for the moment.

In my component, it creates 6 new child components. All 6 use the same two files.  "l1e50x86.inf" and "l1e50x86.sys"

I have created a new Repository that points to the folder these files are.  Then I link that repository to all 6 components.
    I then create a package, and link that package to the repository and all 6 components.

Importing the new component.sld file into the Embedded database shows no errors.

In Target Designer I include all 6 components. 
    Dependency check shows no errors.
    Building image, shows 2 errors.

What have I missed?
    Can I not use the same Repository for all 6 components?

R: Building: "Device: Net [Version 5.1.2600.5512, R5512]"...
    Error 1005 (0x3ED) in "PlatformLib::CopySrcFile2": File not found: "l1e50x86.inf"
    R: Error    1005: File not found: "l1e50x86.inf"
    Error 1005 (0x3ED) in "PlatformLib::CopySrcFile2": File not found: "l1e50x86.sys"
    R: Error    1005: File not found: "l1e50x86.sys"
    R: Estimated component sizes:
    R:     .NET Framework 1.1 .........................................   36736KB

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:38 PM

Answers

• Marking the answer as changing the Repository's sharing and manually including the files.  This now works! :)
    • Marked as answer by Rob Kruis Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:45 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:45 PM

All replies

• 1. In the repository did you point the path to the location of the files themselves? http://www.sjjmicro.com/Video_Driver_Component.html / http://www.sjjmicro.com/Video_INF_Import_Issues.html. The files should be located in folder that the respository object is pointing too.

2. On the outside chance there was a renaming issue during the import: check to see if the source anem for the two file resoures match the target name.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:10 AM
  • Hi Sean,  I actually referenced your videos as I created my driver.  So, thank you again.  These vids are extremely helpful.

It looks like I have been able to fix the errors.  The steps I had to take were, I had to copy the files manually to the repository and change the rep. sharing. 

I have since created a second driver component with 20+ files this time.  When I look in the repository, a handful of files are located, but once again I had to copy all the driver files over, so it would compile.

I point the repository to the folder which contains the INI and all the related driver files.  I have also made sure the rep. is shared.

Any ideas what else I might have wrong, that is preventing the files from being copied?

* I have not tried this image yet, but it does compile without errors*
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:17 PM
  • Is there a log file I can view to see what is failing when I import the SLD file into the DB Manager?
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Marking the answer as changing the Repository's sharing and manually including the files.  This now works! :)
    • Marked as answer by Rob Kruis Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:45 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:45 PM
  • The \Windows Embedded Data\repositories file sharing needs to be setup for full read-write access. By default it is read only. http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/XPe%20on%20Vista%20notes.pdf

You shouldn't have to copy files over manually. The tools should do this for you.

-Sean
    www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:23 PM
  • Thanks Sean.  I saw your pdf on another post and changed it.  Has been working for the last few components I have created. :)
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:40 PM