Shall I move from D12 V2 to E Series VMs? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently I am using VM with following configuration

Standard D12 V2 
    4 CORES
    28 GB memory

Recently (June, 2016) Microsoft announced E Series VMs for high performance. I see that CORES are increased and RAM is reduced the feature list. I do not wan to pay more. I see that, I can get more CORES for same price now but worried about RAM!

What you suggest?

Many Thanks Deepak

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Deepak,

Thank you for posting here! We are happy to assist you.

If you want to upgrade from One Series to another Series which is higher version. You have to pay.

F Series has been released in June.

This new series of VMs, called the F-Series, are based on the 2.4 GHz Intel Xeon® E5-2673 v3 (Haswell) processor, which can achieve clock speeds as high as 3.1 GHz with the Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0. This is the same CPU performance as the Dv2-Series of VMs with 2GB of memory per CPU core at a lower per-hour price. This will put the new F-Series as the best value in a price-performance position in Azure based on the list price of F-Series divided by the Azure Compute Unit (ACU) per core. More information on ACU can be found here.

For more information on the F-Series VM Sizes. Click here

This article describes the available sizes and options for the Azure virtual machines you can use to run your Windows apps and workloads. It also provides deployment considerations to be aware of when you're planning to use these resources. For information about pricing of the various sizes, see Virtual Machines Pricing
    For greater overview on VM sizes, see Sizes for virtual machines in Azure

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Monday, June 27, 2016 6:37 PM