none
Workflow in Project server 2013 online not going particular stage after Approval RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

i have created workflow using sharepoint designer 2013 for project server 2013 online. and i have also set the approver after the first stage. when i create a project using this workflow, project is created successfully and the approval task also go for a approval to specific user. and i have set the property that after approval it has to go on specific stage. but the problem is when user approve the task it shows approved but my stage in workflow is remain same. it is not going to any stage. 

i don't know why this type of problem is occur. 

FYI, i have created same workflow for Project server 2013 on premise(Which is installed in my server) and it is working fine but when i want to deploy this workflow in project server 2013 online its giving error.

so please help me to solve this type of issue.

Thanks

Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hello, 

I am also having the same issue.

Please suggest if anyone know the solution.

Thanks

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:06 PM
  • I am also experiencing issues with this.  After the approval task is completed, the Workflow gets cancelled with the following message

RequestorId: 60d96368-4cb4-b059-8086-604972a92e60. Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

All other desired workflow actions work as expected.  Emails are sent, project is moved from stage to stage, however as soon as the workflow approval task is completed, either Approved or Rejected, the Internal Status is changed to Canceled and the workflow fails.

What is interesting is when the Approval task is completed, the approver will receive an email notification that the task was CANCELLED or DELETED....

not COMPLETED, which is what would be expected.

Has anyone seen this - any potential resolution?

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:33 PM
  • I'm seeing the same issue as Nate...

Anyone have a solution or way to troubleshoot this?

Friday, September 27, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Can someone post up their workflow definition / screenshots of it to SkyDrive or similar so we can look at reproducing the error?

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:56 PM
  • Anyone can post the solution to this issue?

Jean-François Guertin Entreprise Solution Architect Collaborum Services Conseils Inc | 1-581-997-4911 | jfguertin@collaborum.com Certifications Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 - 2010 Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:29 AM
  • Hi Nate,

Did you start the user profile service application and does the user account has the user profile?

@Vivek: Try adding the approver to "project workflow task" list with contributor permissions and then check the behavior.

Vikram Daruru - MSFT

• Proposed as answer by Vikram Daruru Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:49 AM
  • Vikram - thanks,

My original issue was resolved by ensuring the workflow initiator had a valid profile in UPS. 

@Vivek - I think Vikram is right.  I am able to repro your issue on-prem - and I believe that the answer may reside in the task list permissions. 

If I create a new approval task list with the current user, and associate the workflow to this new task list, the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Friday, May 2, 2014 4:42 PM