Metro UI is UGLY on Desktop

General discussion

• Not much more to say than this, but the scroll bars are visually unappealing and on a "normal" laptop screen (1280x800) the Metro theme is too large for the window tops and the square shape doesn't flow like it did in Aero.

I can totally understand the want to move onto a new engine for Windows 8, but please remember that many of us will not be using HD screens, and that Metro is kind of ugly on Desktop. I recommend building a theme that resembles Windows 7 in whatever engine is being used for Windows 8.

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:43 PM

All replies

• On the desktop PC I believe I will be running in desktop mode with metro apps running in a VM.

Hopefully this won't be necessary on multiple monitor setups... desktop one one, metro on the other.

• Edited by CraigLaurin Friday, September 16, 2011 3:17 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 3:16 PM
  • Not much more to say than this, but the scroll bars are visually unappealing and on a "normal" laptop screen (1280x800) the Metro theme is too large for the window tops and the square shape doesn't flow like it did in Aero.

I can totally understand the want to move onto a new engine for Windows 8, but please remember that many of us will not be using HD screens, and that Metro is kind of ugly on Desktop. I recommend building a theme that resembles Windows 7 in whatever engine is being used for Windows 8.

Or give us the option to select weather to enable or disable the Metro UI or just change to a 7 theme
    I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Friday, September 16, 2011 3:19 PM