Roaming settings / folder behavior through application lifetime

Question

• Hi,

the particular problem I am facing is that though I can access roam settings and folder, create a file and then read it after I quit the application and reopen it, when I uninstall the application I loose all the roamed data (I expected this behavior only for local app data)

So, if I loose the roam data when I uninstall the app, then this cannot work with several installs in different devices. What I am missing here? Is roaming working fine?

Also, as I pointed in another thread, DataChanged event in never triggered.

Thanks!
    Monday, February 13, 2012 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Would you please provide us a sample codes to reproduce this issue?

I just found a sample codes about Responding to roaming events, and I hope you can get help from it.
    http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/ApplicationData-sample-fb043eb2

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Proposed as answer by Rails King Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:58 AM
  • Hi George,

I cannot reproduce the problem with a quick test with the Application Data sample, modified for Roaming Data: after uninstalling it, verifying that it's app package directory was gone, and then redeploying it I was still able to see the roamed data.

Have you confirmed that your data roams correctly before the application is removed? Can you reproduce with the Application Data sample (appropriately modified)?

--Rob

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:00 AM
    Owner