none
Print Web Page: is this a CSS option or fix RRS feed

• Question

• I'm aware of the fact that web browsers give printing options.  Is there a way to make a web page print so that what you see is what you print?
    Tony
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:08 PM

Answers

• Other than background images what you see what should print. However, you have quite a bit of control over what is printed if you use print stylesheets.  Alistapart.com has an old but still good article called "Going to Print" and there are others as wel that will help you create a print specific stylesheet. I tend to hide menus, use print measurements like inches for width and even points for font sizes (in some cases anyway.)
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    • Marked as answer by Tony Boston Friday, October 7, 2011 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:00 PM

All replies

• That's what browsers do by default; they just print the page that's on the screen.

Do you mean that you want to keep people from printing anything other than the entire page? Do you want to take control of their computer and disable it in order to keep them from choosing any other options?

The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and asks the guy behind the counter, "Can you make me one with everything?"
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Other than background images what you see what should print. However, you have quite a bit of control over what is printed if you use print stylesheets.  Alistapart.com has an old but still good article called "Going to Print" and there are others as wel that will help you create a print specific stylesheet. I tend to hide menus, use print measurements like inches for width and even points for font sizes (in some cases anyway.)
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    • Marked as answer by Tony Boston Friday, October 7, 2011 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:00 PM