Help with an error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I keep getting this message when trying to launch a piece of software I recently purchased-

Visual basic 6.0 tool kit has encountered an error and has to close.

Can anyone offer any ideas? Does it mean reinstalling the software, and if so, where are the links and which is the correct one.

Friday, December 30, 2005 10:58 AM

Answers

• That error seems to be related to VS 6.0, and apparently has nothing to do with GAT.
    Which version of VS are you starting when you get that error? What software are you trying to use?
    Monday, January 2, 2006 3:11 AM

All replies

• That error seems to be related to VS 6.0, and apparently has nothing to do with GAT.
    Which version of VS are you starting when you get that error? What software are you trying to use?
    Monday, January 2, 2006 3:11 AM
  • Hi there

I do know my way around a computer, but I am not sure if I can help you here. Basically, the CD I recieved is a huge database written in Foxpro (I think and could be wrong) - its a mass-produced piece of software - and its starts off installing before I get that message.

I am not sure what GAT is I'l be honest, but could it be that VS 6.0 is corrupt on my computer? If so, where could I reinstall it from and what do I need to reinstall?

You have done a great job of answering so far, and if you could explain in as much detail again for me, that would be great. What is GAT?

Cheers

Monday, January 2, 2006 8:39 AM
  • P.s

How do I find which version of VS I am running? I'l let you know then. I have a Dell PC with XP loaded on it. Apart from that, I am not really sure what other software came on it under the surface.

Cheers

Monday, January 2, 2006 8:41 AM