none
Easy way to get Kinect angle ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am moving from Kinect v1 to Kinect v2, but i meet a big problem with my project.

Is there an easy way to get Kinect angle if i tilt my Kinect or set my kinect on the ceiling unchanged ?

Ideally, i want get the angle without tracking any body or receiving any body frame.

Thanks in advanced !

-Frank 

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:19 AM

All replies

• I didn't understand your question well. Do you mean you are going to manually change the Kinect position during runtime and want to know what the new position is from your app? Could you explain it better?
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:17 PM
  • If you are mounting the sensor, you will know the angle to the floor and you can measure this more accurately than using any api. The only value we give to calculate the angle is the floorClipPlane which comes from Body frame data. As jmmroldan asked, are you changing this over time?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:56 PM
  • Hi Carmine,

Thanks for your answer. I really appreciate it . It's really helpful !

I don't change the position of Kinect over time.

But i want to use Kinect to detect region and collect some data.

I just worried about what if someone move the Kinect a little bit, i hope the program can get new angel somehow.

-Frank

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:11 PM
  • Kinect will have no knowledge of that. You would have to come up with some marker system to detect if those points are in the same spot to know if it has been moved.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:05 PM