A simple macro to automatically Quit excel spreadsheet running in background even when user is log out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I recently come across many visual basic macro codes for excel that  after certain period of idle automatically it saves and closes it,

but it my case i need excel that closes even when the user is log out (since the timer isn't working when the user is log out of windows)

How can we make -when the computers logs out to quit excel & same thing to happen when pressed Windows+L on keyboard

any ideas ,

Monday, August 31, 2020 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is the wrong forum (no worries). Do you want this in Excel as a macro? If so I can move this question to the proper forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, August 31, 2020 4:18 PM
  • Yes , i want excel as a macro that saves and quits when user locks/ log out of windows
    Monday, August 31, 2020 4:27 PM