none
Kinect Fusion SDK Import/export volumeblock SHORT *pVolumeBlock RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using importvolumeblock .

pVolumeBlock[(int)(z * slice + y * pitch + x)] = (this unsigned short value)

what does the unsigned short value represent? it takes valid values from 1 to around 32000. i am guessing it is a normal representation.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:34 AM

Answers

• It is reconstruction data required by Kinect Fusion to re/generate the volumetric data. The design of the functionality is so that you can recreate the volume from and previously exported volume. The internals of what the data represent are not exposed to allow for extending functionality in the future.

Does the function work as expected when using this with ExportVolumeBlock data?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:56 PM

All replies

• It is reconstruction data required by Kinect Fusion to re/generate the volumetric data. The design of the functionality is so that you can recreate the volume from and previously exported volume. The internals of what the data represent are not exposed to allow for extending functionality in the future.

Does the function work as expected when using this with ExportVolumeBlock data?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:56 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

the function ExportVolumeBlock works okay so far ( i didn't make extensive tests as my GPU has a memory of 1 G  so i cant create big volumes simultaneously ) 

I Successfully managed to export volume and import it again. so i know both functions are functional.

Thanks again for your reply

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Hi Carmine,

I have a question about ExportVolumeBlock, what does destinationresolutionX,Y,Z needs to be in order to export the default point cloud in Kinect Fusion, and how can I access the points in order to copy them in a list. Thank you.

Sunday, June 29, 2014 11:50 AM