Cookie plugin advise RRS feed

• Question

• User-1526035670 posted

Hi all

I've searched around for some cookie plugins but can't find one that works the way I anticipated.

I would like a cookie plug-in which allows the user to Accept our Decline cookies. If they accept the site would work as expected if they decline then it stops the site from working as intended (maybe refer then to a help page for them to enable cookies)

As an addition, it would be great if I could customise it for different countries/languages.

Does anyone have any recommendation for this type of functionality?

Thanks

Thursday, February 11, 2021 6:21 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

It sounds like you are trying to detect if the browser accepts cookies.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6663859/check-if-cookies-are-enabled

Language is driven by localization.  You'll need to read the official documentation for the framework you are using.

Thursday, February 11, 2021 9:03 PM
  • User-1526035670 posted

Hi

What do you mean by reading the documentation for the framework? The link you posted is in JavaScript, unless you mean read about JavaScript?

I was hoping for a ready built plugin but will go through that link you've posted in more depth.

Thanks

Thursday, February 11, 2021 9:11 PM
  • User475983607 posted

What do you mean by reading the documentation for the framework?

I mean... you posted this question a generic forum.  Each framework has it's own API for managing cookies.  

The link you posted is in JavaScript, unless you mean read about JavaScript?

Correct.  The link is JavaScript that detects if the browser accepts cookies or not.  Detecting browser cookie support is one line of code. 

I was hoping for a ready built plugin but will go through that link you've posted in more depth.

Your best bet is to learn how cookie work.  

The only other thing I can think you are asking about is GDPR which is an API in .NET.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/security/gdpr?view=aspnetcore-5.0

Thursday, February 11, 2021 9:30 PM