none
How do i add Microsoft IME keyboard for Japan or Korea with a script or cmd batch file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Windows Embedded Standard 7 image that supports many languages and I would like the image to load the appropriate input languages when a language is selected. The image is sysprep'd such that the user gets to select the language. When the PC first boots, the user is prompted to select the language and then is prompted to select Country, Currency, and keyboard. If the user selects Japanese and then selects Japan and Microsoft IME keyboard. When the Windows setup completes, Under "Region and Language" the Japanese language is selected and Japan is selected as the System Locale but only the English input language is loaded under the region and language settings.

Question 1) Why is the Microsoft IME input language not added as it was selected?

Question 2) I can script the adding of input languages as shown below, but i do not know how to add the Microsoft IME input language?

control intl.cpl,, /f:"kbJapan.xml"

See below for "kbJapan.xml"

<gs:GlobalizationServices xmlns:gs="urn:longhornGlobalizationUnattend">

<!--User List-->
     <gs:UserList>
     <gs:User UserID="Current" CopySettingsToSystemAcct="true"/>
     </gs:UserList>

<!--input preferences-->
    <gs:InputPreferences>
    <!--Japan-->
     <gs:InputLanguageID Action="add" ID="0411:00000411" Default="true"/>
    </gs:InputPreferences>

</gs:GlobalizationServices>

Friday, February 3, 2017 6:01 PM

Answers

• Here are the answers that I found.

Question 1) Why is the Microsoft IME input language not added as it was selected?

Answer: If you select a keyboard during the "Out of Box Experience", that keyboard will not get applied to accounts that already exist. Only new accounts can take advantage of the selection. The keyboard selection is specific to the user

Question 2) How do I add Japanese Microsoft IME input language?

Answer: the Japanese IME keyboard can be added with the following script

<!--User List-->

<!--input preferences--> 
    <!--Japan--> 

<gs:InputLanguageID Action="add" ID="0411:{03B5835F-F03C-411B-9CE2-AA23E1171E36}{A76C93D9-5523-4E90-AAFA-4DB112F9AC76}"/> 

• Marked as answer by BuildMeister Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:19 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:19 PM

All replies

• This is the POSReady 7 forum. I am going to move this post to the WES7 forum on MSDN.

Did you build the image? Did you include the Japanese language pack in the answer file?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, February 3, 2017 10:21 PM
  • Yes, I built the image and yes the Japanese language pack is loaded.
    Friday, February 3, 2017 10:31 PM
  • Ok. You added the IME to the answer file and the feature is not there?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, February 4, 2017 12:50 AM
  • Yes, the Microsoft IME input language is there and i can add it manually.  I need it to be automated. Either by the selection of the keyboard as i mentioned above or via the script, also mentioned in the previous script.
    Saturday, February 4, 2017 1:35 AM
  • I know that I can use "0411:00010411" to add the Japanese input Language, but I need to know what ID to use for the Japanese Microsoft IME input Language for Windows 7. Does anyone know what this is?
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 5:55 PM
  • Here are the answers that I found.

Answer: If you select a keyboard during the "Out of Box Experience", that keyboard will not get applied to accounts that already exist. Only new accounts can take advantage of the selection. The keyboard selection is specific to the user

Question 2) How do I add Japanese Microsoft IME input language?

Answer: the Japanese IME keyboard can be added with the following script

<!--User List-->

<!--input preferences--> 
    <!--Japan--> 

<gs:InputLanguageID Action="add" ID="0411:{03B5835F-F03C-411B-9CE2-AA23E1171E36}{A76C93D9-5523-4E90-AAFA-4DB112F9AC76}"/> 

• Marked as answer by BuildMeister Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:19 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:19 PM
  • Here is the ID to add Japanese MS IME.

0411:E0010411

SJ

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 4:15 AM