Web Datasheet Filter and Performance issues RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to provide users a way to quickly edit and add data to an existing table through a Access web database.  I've created a datasheet form for a table that has 2500 records.  When testing through access, everything performs in a timely manner when scrolling through the data and filtering manually by typing in the value.  As soon as I deploy to the sharepoint site and attempt to use through IE, the performance lags to a point where it is unusable and scrolling automatically jumps to the top of the sheet after a few seconds.  The filter also changes to a value list and data cannot be manually searched. Since the list is rather large, the filter displays only the top 10% of the values even after scrolling to the bottom.

Are there any recommendations to allow these capabilities through the web front end while still using a datasheet?

Friday, October 16, 2015 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi A_G_Tech,

>> As soon as I deploy to the sharepoint site and attempt to use through IE, the performance lags to a point where it is unusable and scrolling automatically jumps to the top of the sheet after a few seconds.  The filter also changes to a value list and data cannot be manually searched.

I made a test with your description, and I could reproduce your issue. Access 2010 web database has different behavior in client and web. I think the manually searching was not supported in web.

For a workaround, I suggest you create a form, add the datasheet to the form as subform, add one textbox and one button to filter the datasheet with SetFilter Macro Action.

Here is a simple code:

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by A_G_Tech Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:11 PM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hi A_G_Tech,

>> As soon as I deploy to the sharepoint site and attempt to use through IE, the performance lags to a point where it is unusable and scrolling automatically jumps to the top of the sheet after a few seconds.  The filter also changes to a value list and data cannot be manually searched.

I made a test with your description, and I could reproduce your issue. Access 2010 web database has different behavior in client and web. I think the manually searching was not supported in web.

For a workaround, I suggest you create a form, add the datasheet to the form as subform, add one textbox and one button to filter the datasheet with SetFilter Macro Action.

Here is a simple code:

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by A_G_Tech Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:11 PM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 6:56 AM
  • Thanks Edward.  I guess that's the route I'll have to go based on the limitations.  Appreciate the reply.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:11 PM