none
ReportViewer help in VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using ReportViewer control in VS 2010. Can somebody share details how can I open a child tablix under  ,parent tablix.Just curious to know how microsoft had developed the reports that comes with SQL Server.If you click on the + sign a new child  table  opens in parent table that shows the details.

Again when you click on the - sign  the child table disappears.Can we put data from two different datasource in same tablix.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Zainu

Friday, October 15, 2010 5:02 AM

All replies

• It's drill-down by Grouping.

In group properties go to Visibility tab, then tick Display can be toggled by this report item and choose upper Group from the dropdown.

Best regards,
    Ferry Meidianto | My Blog

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:08 AM
  • Thanks Ferry.But my requirement is to show data from two different dataset in same tablix as parent and child.For example In SQLServer if you take Reports->Backup and Restore event it will show you drive details inside the parent tablix.

Any details on building this type report would be really helpful.

Regards,

Zainu

Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:57 AM
  • Merge them into a single Dataset, then use it to populate the Tablix and do grouping.
    Best regards,
    Ferry Meidianto | My Blog

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:05 PM
  • Thanks Ferry.I will explain how the situation is.I am creating a report using ReportViewer control of VS 2010 and C#.I need to capture ServerName(Windows machine name), Instance Name,Edition,Service Pack,Version,DriveName,Free Space,Total Space.

I have merged these all details in single Databaset and then created two groups.First group is group by ServerName and other is group by Instance .The visibility property of row is set toggle based on Group2(Instance group) and the visibility property of the textbox Instance is set to toggle on Group1(Server).Everything works perfectly as thought.I can toggle based on the + sign and -.

But now here the problem is.My laptop has three drives C,D and E.So the details columns has 3 rows for Edition,Service Pack,Version regardless of the fact that they have same data.

I though of displaying the drive details as expression in the server column but still the three rows exists since in the single dataset which I have merged all the records has 3 rows for C,D and E. Is there any way where we can show data from two different datasource in reportviewer.

The requirement is report should be looking like his

Server                                                Instance                 Edition                                 Servicepack                 Version

ServerName                        |              Instance1 |

|                                           DeveloperEdition                   |      RTM                     |  10.0.2766.0

Drive:C                               |               -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FreeSpace:40 GB              |                Instance2 |

TotalSpace:80 GB             |                                            Express Edition                      |      RTM                    |  10.00.1600.22

|                 |                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drive:D                              |

FreeSpace:120GB              |

Total Space:300 GB           |

Drive E                               |   

Freee Space:80 GB             |

Total Space: 120 GB          |

This can be done because I have seen this in performance dash board report.I just wonder how guys in Microsoft might have done it.

Any help would  be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Zainu

Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:37 PM
  •  

After long struggle just found out that Tablix row has HideDuplicates Properties.Well it hides the duplicate value but still the row exists without any data.How to delete the row or make the row without any data invisible.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Zainu

Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:39 AM
  • I got the answer.I had to create a Subreport if need to show data from two datasource.

Thanks Ferry for your time.

God bless you

Regards,

Zainu

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:16 AM
  • Zainu thank you.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:11 AM