none
Cannot add new records in Access Web App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As I am a new user of access web services, I have to ask for some answers, as sometimes the application behaviour is odd.

I have designed an app for company I am working for which alows employees to update some job info on site (job time, results, etc..)- at first stage they just need to update a job already entered from office people (no add allowed). Meanwhile, we decided to give them this option as well, so I added a button for this.

Now, when I try to Add  record I am receiving this message:

When I click Macro details, I am  receiving this:

Now, form is based on a simple query, I am able to add records in query but not in form view. Also, I am not able to add in Datasheet view either.

I can't understand what may be the cause, I realy need some help with this!

Sunday, February 28, 2016 4:09 AM

All replies

• Hi u2luci,

Please try it with a new project and check whether you could reproduce that issue.

I think the issue may is in your macro. First, please check the table event of On Insert, On Update and On Delete. Secondly, please check other macro that you called.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 29, 2016 9:05 AM
  • Hi Starain,

Thanks for reply.

The only macro I use is New Record. Unfortunately I can't start a new project, this one is already in use, I need to find a way to solve this issue.

I am still not sure what is error 2046?

Monday, February 29, 2016 10:43 AM
  • Hi u2luci,

This is the runtime error. So we need to narrow down the issue.

What do you mean you can’t start a new project? You don’t have the permission or other? If you or other can create a new project, please check whether you reproduce that issue with a new simple project.

You may create a new table in that project and check whether could reproduce that issue.

>> The only macro I use is New Record

If there isn’t other macro/event (e.g. On Insert, On Update, On Delete), I think the issue may is in that project or table, maybe is damaged.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:55 AM
  • Hi Starain,

I have a different table in same project which works fine. I don't think is there any problem with the table, because I am able to add records in datasheet mode. It may be the view which creates problem.

I tried to create a different view, but I am geting same error. It becames really frustrating...

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 10:46 AM
  • Hi u2luci,

Please try to create a new table (same as it) with same records and create view and macro to check whether you have the issue too. If you could reproduce that issue, please provide the detail steps.

Regards

Starain

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 5:47 AM
  • Hi u2luci,

Do you get result now?

Regards

Starain

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:47 AM