none
Filtering downloads in MSDN benefits? RRS feed

• Question

• Consider the following screenshot:

Ever since the overhaul of the download section several months ago whenever I reinitiate a search the highlighted setting snaps back to All products available for subscribers thereby cluttering my lists of downloads with all kinds of stuff I cannot download.

How can I force this setting to persist within a single session (at least) or even better as an account setting? It's great there are "better" subscription levels available, but it doesn't change my decision to stick with my subscription level.

I am using the latest available IE 9 on Windows 7 x64 with all but yesterday's updates applied as of this writing.

Thank you for reading.

PS: this is a cross-posting because for reasons beyond me if was apparently not possible to move my original topic here.

per aspera ad astra

Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:21 AM

Answers

• I'm talking to the team about this one Miðgarðsormr.  

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:22 PM

All replies

Thanks,
    Mike

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:22 PM

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks Mike for your response and for your assistance. It is much appreciated.

per aspera ad astra

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:49 PM
  • I'm hearing back that it was a change in design to go from a permanent setting you can apply to your account to a filter you apply post search, until we have some additional server capabilities built out, which we still dont have built out yet.  I'll have some more discussions with the team about adding this type of functionality onto the backlog, but no promises about when it might show up.  Your feedback is welcomed here, thanks for providing it!

Thanks,
    Mike

Friday, March 15, 2013 2:10 PM