none
Access 2010 Web Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I created a plain access 2010 Database that has 2 tables. One Table has the users and one table for Classes. Needless to say, it is working as intended. However, I am now asked to make it a web database. On creating the Queries, for a Web Querie, the SQL Vies is no longer an option. Does anyone know a way around this? Here is one of the queries I have used previously.

SELECT Classes.[Class Name], Classes.[Expiration in Days], Classes.CLPs, Classes.[Cert Required], Classes.[Class Priority], Classes.[Required Groups].Value, [USAMRAA Users].SAMAccountName, [USAMRAA Users].[Last Name], [USAMRAA Users].[First Name], [USAMRAA Users].Branch, [USAMRAA Users].Division, [USAMRAA Users].Group, [USAMRAA Users].[Branch Chief], Classes.[Date Completed]
    FROM Classes INNER JOIN [USAMRAA Users] ON Classes.[Required Groups].Value = [USAMRAA Users].Group
    ORDER BY Classes.[Class Priority];

Is there any other web databases to use as a template?

Lee Mossolle

Monday, November 6, 2017 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Lee Mossolle,

in the main thread , you are talking about Web Database.

the database you had posted is a desktop database.

so I think that these are 2 different issues.

I suggest you to create a new thread for each new question to avoid the complexity.

you had mentioned that you are not able to add the completed date.

I try to check your database.

are you not able to add date directly in the "Classes" table or you are not able to add the date from "Classes" Form?

I try to add a date in both table and form. I find that I can add the date without any issue.

you can see my testing result below.

I can add the date in table which is displaying in the form and I can the date in form which is displaying in the table.

did you get any error ? if yes try to post the error. it will help us to understand the issue in better way.

also make sure that after adding the date you move to next record. so record get saved and reflect the value in table and form.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lmossolle Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:13 PM
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:09 AM

All replies

• I get the following creating a relationship for a web database

Relationships that are not associated with a Web-compatible lookup are incompatible with the Web.

Lee Mossolle

Monday, November 6, 2017 5:07 PM
  • Hi Lee,

Who asked you to convert the database into a web database and must you use SharePoint 2010?

Web Databases were replaced with Web Apps, and Web Apps are being discontinued now.

You might consider going in another direction to web-enable your database, if you have a choice.

Just my 2 cents...

Monday, November 6, 2017 9:03 PM
  • Hi lmossolle,

As .theDBguy already suggested you. Access Web Apps will discontinue soon.

This feature will be retired from Office 365. We will stop creation of new Access-based apps in SharePoint Online starting June 2017 and shut down any remaining apps by April 2018.

Access web apps to be retired

so if you are looking to use it for a short period of time then you can try to use it before it get retired.

you can refer links below.

Build an Access database to share on the Web

Creating Web Databases with Access 2010 and Access Services

but if you want to use it for a long time then I suggest you to don't rely on this approach and try to find work around for it.

Microsoft is suggesting to use Microsoft Power Apps as an alternative.

so you can also try to refer it.

PowerApps

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:48 AM
  • Can you take a look at the DB? Not sure why I am not able to add a completed date

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsO0YaRZhzJMgQXQ9RMWvp9zRXyQ

Lee

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:37 PM
  • Hi Lee Mossolle,

in the main thread , you are talking about Web Database.

the database you had posted is a desktop database.

so I think that these are 2 different issues.

I suggest you to create a new thread for each new question to avoid the complexity.

you had mentioned that you are not able to add the completed date.

I try to check your database.

are you not able to add date directly in the "Classes" table or you are not able to add the date from "Classes" Form?

I try to add a date in both table and form. I find that I can add the date without any issue.

you can see my testing result below.

I can add the date in table which is displaying in the form and I can the date in form which is displaying in the table.

did you get any error ? if yes try to post the error. it will help us to understand the issue in better way.

also make sure that after adding the date you move to next record. so record get saved and reflect the value in table and form.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by lmossolle Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:13 PM
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:09 AM
  • Hi Lee Mossolle,

if you got the answer for your issue then try to mark the answer.

so that we can close this thread.

It will help other community members in future who will face same kind of issue.

if you have any further questions then let us know about that.

we will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Friday, November 10, 2017 7:30 AM