locked
An error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 0 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I just finished an implementation of SharePoint 2013 using host-named sites. The sites authenticate and open correctly, but anytime I try to do anything I end up with the following error: "An error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 0". I have checked and the web application IIS site has anonymous permission enabled.

    This is hampering our ability to use our new sites. Does anyone have any thoughts?

    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 10:35 PM

Answers

  • Wendy,

    Thanks much for the advice. As it turns out there was an incorrect configuration with the load balancers that was causing the errors. Once that was corrected everything resumed normal function.

    Ashley

    • Marked as answer by A.Waugh Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:45 PM

All replies

  • Hi Waugh,

    After you enabled Anonymous Authentication for the web application in IIS manager, please do an IISRESET. After finishing, test again, compare the result.

    If the above doesn't work, please go to ULS log file to find more information about this issue. The path of the log file is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS.

    Thanks,

    Wendy


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Thursday, December 24, 2015 2:58 AM
  • Anonymous authentication was already enabled, so I didn't have to set it to anonymous, therefore no need for an IIS reset.
    Thursday, December 24, 2015 3:18 AM
  • Hi Waugh,

    Please go to ULS log file to find more information about this issue. The path of the log file is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS.

    Thanks,

    Wendy


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Thursday, December 24, 2015 5:29 AM
  • Wendy,

    Thanks much for the advice. As it turns out there was an incorrect configuration with the load balancers that was causing the errors. Once that was corrected everything resumed normal function.

    Ashley

    • Marked as answer by A.Waugh Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:45 PM