none
VS 2015 Add Connection problem

Question

• I am trying to add data connection. When I click on "Data Connections" VS opens "Add Connection" window and if I try to enter any character in any field, it instantaneously close window. It happens for every choosen data source.

Friday, December 09, 2016 12:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Dikan,

When this issue happened? After you installed VS or happened recently and it works fine before?

1). If this issue happened recently and it works fine before, I think this issue may be related to the third plugin in VS. We could start VS in safe mode (devenv /SafeMode), which could prevent all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution. Please refer to the following steps:

Click Start->Developer Command Prompt for VS-> type “devenv.exe /SafeMode”

2). If this happened after you installed VS, I think you need to repair your VS. Please refer to the following steps:

Please click start->control panel-> programs and features->right-click Microsoft Visual Studio ->change->Reapair.

If above steps do not work for you, we could use devenv /log (in Developer Command Prompt) that log all activity to the log file for troubleshooting.

By default, the log file is: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Version\ActivityLog.xml

You could upload this file to OneDriver and share a link here.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:54 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 6:26 AM