Problem with JavaScript Intellisense! (using Expression Studio 4 Ultimate) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, everyone!

I'm new to Microsoft Expression Studio 4 (which I REALLY like by the way :D) and to the forums as well :D

And it seems that I've a problem here. Code Intellisense doesn't work, like at all while trying to create a an external a .js file!

It works pretty well when I write a script tag in the HTML page, but with an external script it doesn't work at all!

And, yes. It is a BIG deal :S

Because I'm working on something that requires a lot of JavaScript around here, and It really would be helpful if I got this problem fixed.

Thanks.

Monday, February 28, 2011 8:36 PM

Answers

• EW4's help refers to intellisense being in Code View, not in a javascript page.  And sure enough, I can confirm your experience.

While I don't know if there is any way to change that, I do know there's a work-around:

Create a new HTML page.  Put <script type="text/javascript">  </script> tags in it, and, working in Code View, write your javascript between them.  Copy the javascript to an external .js file when you're done.

• Marked as answer by Ali El-Wafdy Monday, February 28, 2011 9:28 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 9:16 PM

All replies

• EW4's help refers to intellisense being in Code View, not in a javascript page.  And sure enough, I can confirm your experience.

While I don't know if there is any way to change that, I do know there's a work-around:

Create a new HTML page.  Put <script type="text/javascript">  </script> tags in it, and, working in Code View, write your javascript between them.  Copy the javascript to an external .js file when you're done.

• Marked as answer by Ali El-Wafdy Monday, February 28, 2011 9:28 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 9:16 PM

That seems fair enough as a solution for this problem. I can say that I'll go with it. I've another question; Is there anyway that this feature maybe supported in a Service Pack or add-ons maybe? It's just a question no more no less.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 9:28 PM
  • We are users, not MS.  We can't answer for planned releases or service packs. 
    Monday, February 28, 2011 10:01 PM
  • This is a fairly common request which hopefully may be answered in the future.

You can raise a suggestion on Connect and I have a similar request on UserVoice, where MS were asking for suggestions about what users want from the product. See:

http://expressionweb.uservoice.com/forums/90075-general

http://expressionweb.uservoice.com/forums/90075-general/suggestions/1522875-provide-full-javascript-intellisense

Ian Haynes

EW V4 Add-Ins
    EW resources, hints and tips
    Monday, February 28, 2011 10:14 PM