none
Visual Studio 2013 taking 3-4 minutes to open a page file

Question

• Hi All,
     I have Visual Studio 2013 Pro and Telerik.  It takes VS 3-4 minutes to open a page file. 
     I start VS and choose a project it comes up quick - like seconds.
     BUT when I click on the file(s) to open it takes literally 3-5 minutes to open.  So frustrated I started timing it. 
     There are 6 different solution groups - doesn't make a difference which one I open - every file in the solution opens slow.  I literally click on a file to open and then go get coffee.

If I go thru file explorer and just click on a file it opens quick.  But I can only do this a couple of times before it won't save anymore.

This is what I'm using:
     Running Visual Studio 2013 Pro Version 12.0.40629.00 Update 5 with .Net Framework 4.5.51650,
     Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions 2015.0.1030.0,
     NuGet Package Manager 2.8.60723.765
     Windows 8.1 Enterprise - 24 GB RAM
     90% of the files are .aspx & .aspx.vb

Any ideas?

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hi jslist,

Thanks for your post.

How about opening a file in a new created Telerik UI Website/WebApplicationWebsite?

1. If you can open the file successfully. I suppose there is something wrong with your project.

In this case, I suggest you could create a new empty solution and copy the files into it then try it again.

2. If it still takes a lot of time to open the file. I suppose there is something wrong with your Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions.

In this case, I suggest you could install the latest version of Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions  in the following link:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/4762f91c-c69f-43dc-8a69-2ec4ab27c610

If after installing the latest version of Telerik. The problem still exist. I think there is something wrong with your VS. Try to repair it then try it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:33 AM