none
Understanding Streaming Subscription Connection notifications for reccurring appointments in exchange web service? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone give me any example of using StreamingSubscriptionConnection events coming from recurring appointments? Like how to destinguish 
    which appointment had some changes or not. 

I would like to understand how the reccurring items work when it comes to notifications, 
    If I am making any changes in any Occurrence item, I always receive the notification from the master item (RecurringMaster).
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:33 AM

All replies

• All the Notification and Subscription operations in EWS do much the same thing in that they will only tell you that a Store Item has been (update/deleted,created). They wont track or tell you what property has been updated.

With recurring Appointments they are stored as one Single Store object, the recurrence is a pattern property that the client will expand (eg in EWS using Calendar Paging). Modified instances are stored similarly as an attachment and Deleted Instances are stored as a Hidden Attachment on the Master Instance see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc425490(v=EXCHG.80).aspx which has a full description and documentaion for the recurrance blobs.

Essentially whenever you make a change to a recurring appointment no matter the change your updating the Master Instance object as this is the only physically object for that Appointment.

As to how you work out what has changed you basically have to track it at a property level yourself and develop/test your own logic to determine what has changed.

Cheers
    Glen

• Edited by Glen ScalesMVP Monday, September 3, 2012 7:06 AM fixed link
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:10 AM
  • Thanks you for the reply , but can you please post the link again , since it does not work . 
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:18 AM