I don't have rights to adminster rights - Team Foundation Consol RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Team Foundation Console. It just did a default install without any modifications. I hoped this would mean I could use it for my one user needs.  I have SQL Server 2008 R2 Express installed, I hoped it would connect to it simply. But when I open Team Foundation console it reports SQL Acess denied for Notification URL, Server URL, Web Acesss URL, and Virutal Directory.  Frankly I am totally lost, SQL has Windows level authentication but beyond that I don't know what to do. I thought maybe there would be some setting in Team Foundation but under Adminstration there is the messager "You do not have sufficient right to use the administration console."  This happens even if I run Administration Console as a system adminstrator.  So how do I set permissions so I can set permissions? 

Hey I started trying to post this to a Team Foundation Server forum.  Now it is only letting me post to SQL forums.  I appologize if this is posted to the wrong place.

Thank you , Chas

Monday, May 2, 2011 3:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Chas,

I would like to suggest you take a look at the below link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb552341.aspx

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by chas2003 Tuesday, May 3, 2011 9:32 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 2:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Chas,

I would like to suggest you take a look at the below link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb552341.aspx

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by chas2003 Tuesday, May 3, 2011 9:32 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 2:37 AM
  • Thank you  it was something even more fundamental (and embarresing).

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:36 AM