Re:Selecting Application connection model RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am trying to develop an application in which there will be several clients each holding some patient records.

And the Server application remotely connects to the cleint databases and send ccr to Microsoft health vault.

On the client side i am trying to use "Patient Connect Application" model which was specified in Health vault application integration recommendation and using that i am getting person id and record id's of patients and then they will be stored in respective client database.

But as all my client applications use same application id as that of server application,i cannot use the same Patient id's in different client applications.

Is there any way to solve this.

I am little bit confused if am going wrong can anyone suggest any other alternative way to do this?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure I understand the problem you are running into. If I'm correct, the problem you're running into is that your client applications create their own patient id numbers, and therefore a given client number may be in use across several applications. If that client number is sent to the server, it doesn't know which person it refers to.

If that's correct, then it sounds to me that you need some additional per-client information that will allow the server to know which patient is being referred to. You could set up this value when you configure the client (which would require you to make sure administratively that the value isn't being re-used anywhere), or you could use a Guid that's created when the client is set up (which you'll need to record someplace so you know how to reset things if you have to reinstall that client).

The server then uses that pair of information - unique client identifier plus patient id - to uniquely identify a patient.

If that doesn't help, please provide more information about your scenario.

• Marked as answer by testing_mhv Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:23 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:52 PM