Custom HL7 Trigger Event Not Recognized RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a BizTalk project that uses a custom ADT trigger event (ADT^Z03).  I cannot get BizTalk to recognize the custom event.  I have added the custom event to the MSH and the tablevalues.xsd without any success.  I get the following message:

Validation error in header during parsing 
    Error # 1
    Segment Id: MSH
    Sequence Number: 1
    Field Number: 9
    Error Number: 201
    Error Description: Unsupported event code
    Encoding System: HL7nnnn

I am missing something critical but probably minor.  This is my first time working with HL7 in BTS.  Perhaps I don't have the custom event setup correctly?  Can I have a custom event on a standard message type?  Please help!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:36 PM

Answers

• You need to modify the following 2 tables in your case in tablevalues xsd file in Common project. Open tablevalue xsd in notepad and:

Add Z03 to Table 3 which holds Trigger Event value.

Add ADT_Z03 to Table 354 which holds Message Structure value.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

• Marked as answer by TonyHunter Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:15 PM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:22 AM

All replies

• You need to modify the following 2 tables in your case in tablevalues xsd file in Common project. Open tablevalue xsd in notepad and:

Add Z03 to Table 3 which holds Trigger Event value.

Add ADT_Z03 to Table 354 which holds Message Structure value.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

• Marked as answer by TonyHunter Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:15 PM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:22 AM
  • Thanks so much for you help.  I am new to HL7 and I appreciate this very much.  It works!!! :)
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:16 PM