none
SSAS in Git is it possible ? usefull ? and How if its good idea #Git #OLAP #SSAS #Cube

Question

• Hello everyone,

Ihave a question relating to SSAS, is it possible to versionning a SSAS project using Git or any other tool of versionning?.

If its possible and usefull   how can i do it or which tips or doc you advice me to make my SSAS Project on Git

Thank you in advance (i'm just beginner )

Regards.

• Edited by Djaber T Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:46 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Djaber,

Thanks for your question.

>>>Ihave a question relating to SSAS, is it possible to versionning a SSAS project using Git or any other tool of versionning?.
    If I understand you correctly, you want to have multiple developers work on the same project at the same time, right? If so, please refer to below blog talking about this similar issue:
    http://agilebi.com/ddarden/2009/05/26/sql-server-analysis-services-projects-with-multiple-developers/

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Monday, June 18, 2018 10:27 PM
    Monday, June 18, 2018 1:19 AM
  • Hi Djaber,

What is your requirement? Is it just code versioning of is it that multiple SSAS developers will be working on the same cube solution file?

For code versioning you can have free tools like Tortoise SVN or with other licensed tools like VSS and TFS.

If its the other requirement then Willson has shared a nice link for you to get started.

If it is totally different from the above two, can you please elaborate your requirement?

HTH,

Ram

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps

Monday, June 18, 2018 1:03 PM