Custom error message for Print preview RRS feed

• Question

• hi all:

Now, it seems only system message"The app didn't provide anything to print" on print-preview page.

Here I wanna figure out that could it be possible for my app to display custom messages, like "you can't print human" on print-preview page. If it's possible, and how?

thanks.

Friday, December 6, 2013 8:55 AM

All replies

• Update
    Monday, December 9, 2013 1:45 AM
  • Hi, Limitch

Where do you want to display error message?

Do you mean you want to display error message when you click the print button which contain in print-preview UI page or when you click the print button in device charm. If so, you cannot do it in windows store app.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, December 9, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi Anne:

thanks for your reply first.

your answer may solved one of my problems, however, another scene is providing error message just on print-preview page because we don't have anything to print. For now, the system already provided a message "The app didn't provide anything to print", I wondering how to control it or add more messages.

Thanks again

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:29 AM
  • I do really can't find anything about this kind of function. 

Keeping an eye on here

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:09 AM
  • Hi, Limitch

You can see the Print sample in MSDN.

You can put the error message in PrintTaskRequested method, which is the event
    handler for PrintManager.PrintTaskRequested. When the print task failed, the error message can display.

Best wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by Anne Jing Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:31 AM edit
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:30 AM
  • Thanks, Anne:

However, I don't think we got to the right point. 

I've read the Sample, but it seems just an event handler when print task ended which is Not the moment I need.

As I said before, the following confused me:

For now, the system already provided a message "The app didn't provide anything to print", I wondering how to control it or add more messages.  (On Preview Page)

Thanks all the same

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:17 AM