none
Reference Level2 text in Footer and Auto incrementing number RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I working on some report, its has table of reference (which can have upto level 3). i have two questions

• I need to show current Level2 text in the footer area. i went through quick-parts, however not able to achieve same. if it possible to that get  using {}
    • it would be handy if i can get quick part for auto-incrementing number, i.e. when ever use this quick part or placeholder its increment from previous one.

thanks

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which tool do you use to develop reports?  Since you post your question on Developer for Word Forum. I assume you are using Word.

About your 2 questions:

<<  I need to show current Level2 text in the footer area. i went through quick-parts, however not able to achieve same. if it possible to that get  using {} >>
    As far as I know, only SmarArt has concept of “Level 2 Text”. So when you mentioned “Level 2 text”, did you mean the “Level 2 text in SmartArt”?

<< it would be handy if i can get quick part for auto-incrementing number, i.e. whenever use this quick part or placeholder its increment from previous one >>
    What do you mean by “auto-incrementing number”, do you mean the index of quick part.

By the way, which way do you use to develop, VBA or VSTO? Could you post some sample code so we can understand your question better?

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:41 AM