none
Error while cube processing RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the following error while processing a cube. I don't have any calculated members but still giving this error. I tried to reprocess the project and cube but nothing works.

Any suggestions would appreciated.

MdxScript(Invoice_Tolerance) (8, 37) The '[Cast]' function does not exist.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:30 PM

All replies

• Can you please post the code that is using the CAST function?
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:04 PM
  • I am not using any calculated member or named set with cast function.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:50 PM
  • Is which object is your processing failing? a dimension or a measure group?

Is the word 'cast' used by any of your objects?

Javier Guillen
    http://www.msbicentral.com/Blogs/JavierGuillen.aspx
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:08 PM
  • I am not using any calculated member or named set with cast function.
    Any queries in your DSV that are using this function?
    Friday, March 25, 2011 12:00 AM
  • Before getting this error, I removed a named calculation and tried to process the cube then it is giving error. I deleted the project from local host and brought all the cubes and dimensions from server this time it is giving the following errors while processing the project.

Error	5	Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.		0	0	
    Error	6	OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Communication link failure; 08S01; TCP Provider: The specified network name is no longer available. ; 08S01.		0	0	
    Error	7	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'SupplierDetails_InvoiceTolerance', Name of 'SupplierDetails_InvoiceTolerance' was being processed.		0	0	
    Error	8	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Small Business Flag' attribute of the 'SupplierDetails_InvoiceTolerance' dimension from the 'BIDW' database was being processed.		0	0	
    Error	9	Server: The operation has been cancelled.		0	0	
    Error	10	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'PO Number' attribute of the 'APDistributionDetails' dimension from the 'BIDW' database was being processed.		0	0	
    Error	11	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The process operation ended because the number of errors encountered during processing reached the defined limit of allowable errors for the operation.		0	0	
    Error	12	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Invoice Number' attribute of the 'APDistributionDetails' dimension from the 'BIDW' database was being processed.		0	0	
    Error	13	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The process operation ended because the number of errors encountered during processing reached the defined limit of allowable errors for the operation.		0	0	
    Error	14	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Supplier Key' attribute of the 'SupplierDetails_InvoiceOnHold' dimension from the 'BIDW' database was being processed.		0	0	
    Error	15	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The process operation ended because the number of errors encountered during processing reached the defined limit of allowable errors for the operation.		0	0	
    Error	16	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Supplier Key' attribute of the 'SupplierDetails' dimension from the 'BIDW' database was being processed.		0	0	
    Error	17	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The process operation ended because the number of errors encountered during processing reached the defined limit of allowable errors for the operation.		0	0	
    Error	18	OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Operation canceled; HY008.		0	0	
    Error	19	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Branch Dim', Name of 'Branch' was being processed.		0	0	
    Error	20	Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Region Name' attribute of the 'Branch' dimension from the 'BIDW' database was being processed.		0	0	

Friday, March 25, 2011 12:49 AM