none
.Net 3.5 Compact Framework application crashes while closing in Windows CE 6.0 OS RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

While closing the application (Win Forms) in .net 3.5 Compact Framework on Windows CE6.0 OS. it closes but showing the following exception.

Error Signature:-
    EventType:WinCE600Exception, P1:WamVesselApp.exe, P2:1.0.0.0, P3:4fa3f44f, P4:netcfagl3_5.dll, P5:3.5.7283.0, P6:470d842b, P7:00019b98, P8:WamVesselApp.exe, P9:1.0.0.0, P10:4fa3f44f

How to handle this exception.  I already use un-handled exception Handler it it still throws. and un-handled exception Handler is unable to catch it.

thanks

Laxman

Friday, May 4, 2012 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

Finally R & D works and I managed to fix the exception.

There are two issues I found which we should handle carefully which are following:

1. When we use ShowDialog() method to open the form we must dispose the form object after ShowDialog() and assign null into form object.

2. We must know which font the Hand Held device can have. if we use the font which does not exist in the device then also we will get the flickering exception window and message will be "Application has encountered a serious problem need to close the application."

Thanks

Laxman

Laxman

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:14 AM

All replies

•  

Hello,

How about reinstall the .NET Compact Framework?

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:52 AM
  • Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your response.

I will reinstall the .NET Compact Framework and will update to You.

Now I debug it using Windbg.exe tool which is provided by Microsoft. the exception is following

Access violation - code c0000005

So how to handle this exception in .Net 3.5 Compact Framework?

Please assist me if you have any suggestion or clue.

Laxman

• Edited by Lucky_Digari30 Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:04 PM update exception
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:02 PM
  • Have you tried stepping through the code and identifying the line or Windows API or .NET call that causes the crash. I don't think "reinstalling .NET Compact Framework" is likely to fix your problem. Its probably more to do with an open resource at the time of closing, a timing issue (Windows CE 6.0 tends to be run on slow devices while development can be on very powerful PCs) or something like that.

I'm using .NET CF 2.0 targetting Windows CE 5.0, BTW.
    Alain

<Lucky_Digari30> wrote in message news:b4ba8b25-a898-4d84-a1b9-fbeeb77c4ad8@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your response.

I will reinstall the .NET Compact Framework and will update to You.

Now I debug it using Windbg.exe tool which is provided by Microsoft. the exception is following

Access violation - code c0000005

So how to handle this exception in .Net 3.5 Compact Framework?

Please assist me if you have any suggestion or clue.

Laxman

Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Hi Jesse,

I reinstalled the compact framework but issue still the same. The following are the links where people are telling that this is the .net 3.5 compact Framework issue.

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/298486/smartdevice-app-crashes-with-net-cf-3-5-works-with-net-cf-2-0

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vssmartdevicesvbcs/thread/f7121f65-f797-49dc-aa48-e6168abe3552

Is there any hot fix for this issue? Please let me know.

Thanks

Laxman

Friday, May 11, 2012 11:50 AM
  • Hi All,

Finally R & D works and I managed to fix the exception.

There are two issues I found which we should handle carefully which are following:

1. When we use ShowDialog() method to open the form we must dispose the form object after ShowDialog() and assign null into form object.

2. We must know which font the Hand Held device can have. if we use the font which does not exist in the device then also we will get the flickering exception window and message will be "Application has encountered a serious problem need to close the application."

Thanks

Laxman

Laxman

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:14 AM