Tile not update - not run background update

Question

• Hi,

I write my first Windows Store app, and have a big trouble to frequently update LiveTile.

- I have created sub with code to update tile and add schduled notification

- run sub with ibackgroundtask implemented

- in package manifest added bacgroundtask with system event and timer and entry point to my class with run sub

But nothing happens in application (if i try to run sub at start of app, it update LiveTile, but nothing more, update not raise anymore)

Have anybody idea, what can be wrong?

Thanks

Peter

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

Here are some documentations might help you with the live tile update in background task: Quickstart: Update a live tile from a background task

Besides, there are some resource constraints for background task: Supporting your app with background tasks for instance CPU quota and refresh time.

Base on your description:if i try to run sub at start of app, it update LiveTile, but nothing more, update not raise anymore, looks like the refresh period is the main issue, if the app is not on lock screen, the refresh time is 2 hours.

CPU usage quota Refresh time
    Windows App not on lock screen

1 second

2 hours

WindowsApp on the lock screen

2 seconds

15 minutes

Windows Phone App

2 seconds

15 minutes

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:30 AM