none
Build Actions for GPLex and GPPG

Question

• I need help creating some custom Build Actions.

I am familiar with Flex and Bison for C/C++, as in my article about Flex.

I am trying Gardens Point LEX and the Gardens Point Parser Generator. When I download the Simple Script Interpreter- A simple GPLEX/GPPG (Lex/Yacc) Primer the GPLex file SimpleScriptParser.lex and GPPG file SimpleScriptParser.y have Build Actions for Lex and Yacc, respectively. I don't see documentation of how to create the Build Actions. I can execute GPLex and GPPG separately in a command prompt but it is of course better to use the VS build environment. If necessary, I can reverse-engineer the Build Actions in the Simple Script Interpreter projects but if anyone knows of instructions specific to GPLex and GPPG then that will help. I realize that this might be off-topic for this forum since this is specific to GPLex and GPPG so I apologize if it is.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, April 21, 2017 10:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Sam, 

Thanks for your posting. 

As this issue is more related to the the GPLex and GPPG, I suggest you could post this issue under the tab or issue where page you download, you might get more professional answer there: 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 8:40 AM
  • First note that CodePlex is shutting down. People are concerned that GitHub does not have discussion capability like CodePlex does.

I really thought that Microsoft participated in the development of GPLex and GPPG but I can't find something saying so now.

I was hoping for at least a little guidance on where to look for the Build Actions or anything relevant to that that are in VS. If everything is in the project settings of the relevant projects then I can understand that someone unfamiliar with those projects might not be able to help but I assume there are portions of the Build Actions that have been installed into VS and if so if I could know where to look then that would help. I have tried to find something relevant.

I will try posting a question in Codeplex for GPLex and/or GPPG.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 5:38 PM