none
Switching to paid license RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have published a free add in for Excel. With the next version, I'd like to switch to the paid license. To this end, I'm following the instructions in the section "Provide the right experience":
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/officeapps/2012/11/01/creating-and-verifying-licensing-in-a-paid-app-for-office/

In the example, the users with free license get the page "Paid.html", i.e., the same version as the users with the paid license. My questions:

May I return the old version of the add in, or a feature-limited updated version instead? I understand that the current users with free license must get the current functionality for free, and this condition would be fulfilled in both cases.

Which options are offered to the current users with free license? Do they get the free trial period which I'm going to offer with the same logic as in the example code? The trial period would be good because much functionality is added with the update.

Thanks.

Robin

Monday, April 3, 2017 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have published a free add in for Excel. With the next version, I'd like to switch to the paid license. To this end, I'm following the instructions in the section "Provide the right experience":
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/officeapps/2012/11/01/creating-and-verifying-licensing-in-a-paid-app-for-office/

In the example, the users with free license get the page "Paid.html", i.e., the same version as the users with the paid license. My questions:

May I return the old version of the add in, or a feature-limited updated version instead? I understand that the current users with free license must get the current functionality for free, and this condition would be fulfilled in both cases.

Which options are offered to the current users with free license? Do they get the free trial period which I'm going to offer with the same logic as in the example code? The trial period would be good because much functionality is added with the update.

Thanks.

Robin

• Merged by Chenchen Li Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:34 AM duplicated
    Monday, April 3, 2017 6:45 PM
  • Hello Robin,

This forum is for development issues when using Office JavaScript API, your issue is out of scope and I would move this thread into Publishing Apps for the Office Store forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:28 AM