none
Typed VS xml polling in WCF SQL adapter RRS feed

• Question

• What scenarios will choose xml or typed  polling?

Friday, February 2, 2018 3:21 PM

Answers

• Depends upon requirement actually,

If you want receive certain data (values from columns)  using stored porcs and want to map these values to some other message, use Typed Polling.

When you want that the data from the sql server should follow certain hirearchy, you can make the use of xml polling by using the for xml clause.

So it really depends upon what you want do with the data and how you want to fetch it.

I suggest you to read Polling in SQL Server using the SQL adapter for more insights

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, February 2, 2018 3:54 PM

All replies

• Depends upon requirement actually,

If you want receive certain data (values from columns)  using stored porcs and want to map these values to some other message, use Typed Polling.

When you want that the data from the sql server should follow certain hirearchy, you can make the use of xml polling by using the for xml clause.

So it really depends upon what you want do with the data and how you want to fetch it.

I suggest you to read Polling in SQL Server using the SQL adapter for more insights

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, February 2, 2018 3:54 PM
  • Have you tried both to see what the differences are?

Is there a specific scenario you're looking at?

Generally, Typed Polling is preferred.

Friday, February 2, 2018 6:06 PM
  • I don't have specific scenario, i have doubt both are the fetching data from db then whats are the advantages are using for xml pooling 
    Friday, February 2, 2018 6:10 PM