none
Can I download an MS 2005/2008 Virtual Server on a Vista Home Premium x64 laptop? RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to computers and I am not up to speed on a lot of stuff, I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 Vista Home Premium x64 laptop and I've been reading a book that was telling me I could download a MS Virtual Server 2005 plus a VHDMount to create a backup for the computer. I went to download the 2005 but was switched to a 2008 I then went looking for the program in my files but couldn't find it, I then got a series of emails from MS and Roxio to download the 2008. I went ahead and did it again but still couldn't find the program, I went back to the site and found that the OS systems it was designed for didn't include the Home Premium OS. It apparently isn't designed to work with Windows 7 either is that true? I found another download site for 2005 and thought I'd try it to see what would happen. After the download I got a pop-up from an installation wizard saying my computer was being reconfigured to accept the download and to try again. I did but I still couldn't find the program in my files. I noticed that it would load to a XP SP2 program and I am wondering if I can download that to my system and then download the Server? If I download Windows 7 is there a Virtual Server I can download to use it as a method to backup my computer? Any help would be helpful. Thanks.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:46 PM