none
Correlating two EDI messages (Send/Receive) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is there a way to correlate an EDI message I am sending (EDI 850) with and EDI message I am receiving (EDI 855)?  It seems like a straightforward problem to solve by creating a correlation set on something like a PO number.

For some reason, the received message (EDI 855) is no getting picked up by the subscription that is created by the sent message (EDI 850).  Just to be sure, I setup this exact same scenario using just plain-XML messaging and it worked.  Is there something different about EDI?

Thanks,

Suresh.

Friday, October 19, 2007 8:45 PM

All replies

• Can you explain your setup in more detail. Receive side, Send Side with all the filters, Orchestrations used (if any)?

Thanks

Mohsin Kalam

www.mohsink.com - Blog about R2 EDI

Friday, October 19, 2007 10:38 PM
  • I created orchestration that creates 850 file and sends to some location.When sending 850 file I am initializing the correlation set on PONumber and the same orchestration waits for 855 file(listen shape with delay) and that receive shape follows the correlation. I created property schama for PONumber and promoted the PONumber from 850 and 855 schemas.

I am using Edisend pipeline when sending 850 and Edireceive pipeline when receiving 855. Subscription are created when 850 is sent.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 11:33 PM
  • Try to use the simple: Send - Receive way without Listen + Delay shapes.
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 2:55 PM