How to show the summary results file of a generic test within the test run results of Test Manager RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running a generic test remotely, which outputs a summary results file. However, when I run the test case using test manager 2010, the results are not shown in the details section of the Test Results window. When I open the attached tr_ file and double click the test, it indicates that the summary results file cannot be found because it refers to the local path of file on the test agent.
    Friday, July 13, 2012 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Lily,

Thanks for your response. Fortunately, I've found the solution. It turns out that the service account of the Test Controller was not able to copy the test output files from the test agent. The service account of the Test Controller, which is a domain account, now impersonates a local user on the machine running the Test Agent, which is a workgroup machine. After that, the summary results xml file is included in the attached files of the test result of the test case.

Yours sincerely,

D.M. den Heijer.

• Marked as answer by dmdenheijer Monday, July 16, 2012 12:03 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi dmdenheijer,

Thank you for your post.

Seems you use MTM run generic test, but tr_file cannot load the test result file properly.

Will you experience the same issue that use MTM run other automated test?

Do other person experience the same issue?

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, July 16, 2012 8:21 AM
  • Hi Lily,

Thanks for your response. Fortunately, I've found the solution. It turns out that the service account of the Test Controller was not able to copy the test output files from the test agent. The service account of the Test Controller, which is a domain account, now impersonates a local user on the machine running the Test Agent, which is a workgroup machine. After that, the summary results xml file is included in the attached files of the test result of the test case.

Yours sincerely,

D.M. den Heijer.

• Marked as answer by dmdenheijer Monday, July 16, 2012 12:03 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 12:03 PM