none
advice about which technologies to use GRAPH API, Sharepoint Teams, Excel, Graphs from SQL RRS feed

• Question

• I have written a complex SQL query that harvests purchasing and sales data from an on premise SQL db. 

My intend is to share this data with a teams group. My users don't have access to power bi, which would have been a good choice for this project. 

As an alternative I am considering posting an excel file with pivottables/charts as a sharepoint web part. 

I have tested with uploading the data to sharepoint lists. And then loading that data in an excel. But now that I find myself using pivottables in excel anyway I couldnt help but wonder if It wouldnt be better to just store the data in an excel file instead. 

Also in cases such as these, might it be more convenient to separate the visuals and data into different excels?

I would have to programmatically  generate an excel and convert/update the data to a excel table, (this is something I have not yet done/tried before.)

To get the data to the teams/sharepoint environment I will be using the graph API in c#.

So there you have it, could use some advice, I have a 10 day deadline and I don't want to spend too much time going down what could potentially be a wrong/overly complex path. 

• Edited by SolidNev Thursday, August 20, 2020 3:25 AM
    Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:44 AM